Monday, August 23, 2010

Victorian Forest Wedding

I have been dying to post these pictures ever since I finished this dress, but out of respect for the bride, I waited until after the wedding. This one of a kind completely custom dress has been one of my favorite creations so far.


The train was completely detachable, but we decided to bustle it for the reception.






The bride herself helped me design the roses at the top of the train using silks in various colors.






It felt like the dress was a little incomplete so we also decided to add a thin width of matching gathered lace around the entire top edge.





For the hem we custom cut it so it would cover the tops of her boots and swoop down in the back. Then I added two layers of silk with raw edges and an extra layer of lace for a completed feel.





Congratulations to the happy bride and groom and I can't wait to create another wedding dress.

1 comment: